Tuesday, July 29, 2014

What goes in my brain . . .





I do not watch just anything on television or films that come along. I know friends that hear of a new show or a new movie, watch the trailer, think it has enough explosions and naked people and decide they are going to watch it.

I try to keep to things that will give me a chance to expand my mind a bit. I won't watch just any Oscar-winning movie, I won't read just any bestseller, and I won't watch just any award-winning show.

So why do I watch Doctor Who? Surely, a fifty-year-old science-fiction show with aliens and stuff blowing up isn't fit for my rather high standards!

Let me tell you why: I can't explain it in a few words. Honestly, I find the writing incredible, and beneath all the aliens and funny parts, there are quotes like "In 900 years of space and time I haven't met anyone who isn't important."


In Matt Smith's (the last doctor to leave) last panel interview, the head writer hits it on the head. Start watching at 27:55.

No comments: